This section of the website is organised into topics that reflect the child’s journey.
Topics cover planning for contact as the child’s care plan is being prepared, identifying and working with the birth relatives that are important to the child and the work professional can do to support the child and those involved in contact.
Each topic includes:
- Briefings summarising key messages from research
- Practice briefs with prompts for practitioners when working directly with children and families
- Exercises for team or individual learning to consolidate learning
- Powerpoint slides summarising key messages
- A mix of audio or video files with first-hand experience of contact